Thursday, April 12, 2007

What the ...


Thats what i said when i saw this headline on DIGG's website about the arrest of a 6 year-old girl. Read this: Get The Kiddie-Cuffs, or Police State Pedagogy.

My favorite partof the article was when they began to describe the reasons for the arrest:

“The student became violent,” Mercurio told Herbert. “She was yelling, screaming – just being uncontrollable. Defiant.”

Guess what people.. SHE'S 6!! Thats what 6 year-olds do! They throw the occasional tantrum, yell, scream, and sometimes they even kick (my cousins do, at least).

What has the world come to? Did the arresting officer really need such a boost to his or her own ego that he had to book a child? I mean sure, children need to be taught to behave appropriately, but back in my day, i was 1) Told to chill out 2) Sent to the office 3) My mom/dad was called and then 4) I pissed my pants becuase i knew i was going to get it when i got home.

And look how i turned out... haha.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

When I was reading the article I thought it was fake. lol. Like something one would find on theonion.com

Favorite part: "Their wrists are too small so we handcuff their biceps"