Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Exactly how i feel


Today, BBC ran an article outlining the basic history of America and the sentiments of various people. Titled, "Washington Diary: Land of Ideas," the story makes note of various happenings in America that make people "regret the founding of America." Among these things are various disappointments in the direction America is taking in regards to public policy and the culture it's people have adopted. Do these feelings sound familiar to you? You bet they do.

Now, reason I like this article so much is because, although i can express my disappointment clearly enough in my own words, it is often times difficult to me to express that despite my pessimistic view of many things, I still love being an American.

Read the article and you'll see why.

I'll close with a quote from Bill Clinton, "There is nothing wrong with American that cannot be fixed with what is right in America." Translation: vote the Republicans out of the executive office and bring back the Democrats!

No comments: