Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Libby sentenced to 30 months in prison

CNN Report



Yet another example of scandal and corruption in the United States Government. While you might say that I was not completely surprised to see this emerging out of the news, I am still in awe. What are things coming to?

I know my views are skewed for the most part, but this particular article sends chills down my spine. I feel that it is the quintessential portrayal of what i believe to be the theme of my blog, and it is in fact - very disappointing.

Where are we headed as Americans? Are we soon to be subject to the same corruption of our neighbors to the South of the border and other countries? Will bribery, purjury and scandal become common place in the great U.S.A?

Its a long shot - but whats next? Could it be that in the years to come, our government and culture will experience such a shift that my children will be able to buy their way out of speeding tickets, or any sort of violation for that matter, by ismply offering monetary compensation? Is it really heading in that direction? I hope not, but I dont feel that it is such a farfetched idea.

The worst part? We're falling apart from the Top - Down, i feel i could almost accept it if it was a Bottom - Up sort of thing, but this is ridiculous.

No comments: